RSS Feed
Erin Brothwell

Week Four – Differentiation

April 9, 2013 by Erin Brothwell   

The fourth week of coaching athletics proved to be quite challenging, as the children were in an out of school environment and as I had very limited knowledge in coaching sprint it was hard to formulate ideas for the session plans. However, after reflecting and studying different ideas and techniques I was able to incorporate ideas from previous coaching experiences which were still beneficial to the children.

In reflection I noticed that three of the boys in the group were more advanced in comparison to the rest of the group and there were also a small number of students that struggled to complete the task set. This could be due to the age range as the lower ability students were younger, this meant that during the session I decided to set different tasks to suit every participant’s needs. On reflection, Catering for everybody’s needs was challenging, especially when I had to adapt the session, thinking fast on my feet. Once I had done this and set different activities for different groups, the session proved to be more successful. I found this out by using questioning to evaluate the session.

»